OSWEGO COUNTY – Summer is fast approaching and the Oswego County Youth Bureau is seeking candidates for various seasonal positions at Camp Hollis.
Located on the shores of Lake Ontario, Camp Hollis serves thousands of county residents each year through several programs, including summer camps for children ages 6-14. Seven one-week, one-night summer camps are offered from late June to mid-August, and the Youth Office is currently accepting applications for counselors and support staff.
The following positions are available:
– Advisor: Must be at least 17 years old and have experience in organized camps, recreation or childcare. The work takes place from June 19 to August 12.
– Lifeguard/Counsellor: Must be at least 17 years old, have lifesaving and CPR certifications and have experience in recreation or childcare. The work takes place from June 19 to August 12.
– Senior Kitchen Helper/Advisor: Must be at least 17 years old with experience in cooking, supervising and babysitting. The work takes place from June 19 to August 12.
– Kitchen Helper/Advisor: Must be at least 17 years old and have experience in the kitchen and babysitting. The work takes place from June 20 to August 13.
* Residence for Counselor staff is required from Sunday afternoon to Friday evening each week, with one night and Saturdays off each week.
– Co-Director: Lead the staff of 30 teams who manage the camp program for children ages 6-14, including the organization of pre-season camp programs and special events. Team building, communication and problem solving skills are a must. The job lasts 11 weeks, from May 30 to August 12 and requires residency from Sunday to Friday during the camp season.
– Day and Night Camp Nurse (Day and/or Night Availability): Must be a Board Certified or Licensed Physician, Physician Assistant (PA), Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or an emergency medical technician (EMT) with experience in nursing and first aid. The job runs from June 19 to August 12. Salary Range: Daytime RN – $25/hour, Daytime LPN/EMT – $20/hour, Evening Nurse – $30/hour
– Night Cook/Kitchen Supervisor: Must be at least 18 years old, have at least one year of training or experience in professional kitchen work. Experience in supervising adolescents or with children is desired. Candidates should be prepared to participate in daily kitchen operations, including preparing lunch and dinner and ensuring sanitary conditions while serving as a supervisor in the absence of the kitchen manager. Work takes place from June 13 to August 12, Monday to Friday.
– Night security guard: ensures the security of campers, staff and camp facilities each night. Work takes place from June 19 to August 12, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
– Security/Weekend Camp Host: Experience in customer service and rental group management desired. Applicants must be willing to work nights and days when groups are at camp. Experience as a security guard preferred. The work takes place from May 1 to October 31.
Camp Hollis is owned by Oswego County and operated by the Oswego County Youth Bureau. From early May through October, the facility is also available for hire for use by families, clubs, school groups and other organizations.
Camp Hollis is located at 40 Health Camp Road, off Lakeshore Road in the town of Oswego. For more information, contact Zach Grulich at 315-349-3450 or [email protected]